The Production Designer is responsible for consistently delivering high-quality, impactful photo and design assets for Sur La Table. The ideal candidate has deep production experience across a variety of design tools, is highly detail-oriented, and can autonomously deliver work in a fast-paced environment. Reporting to the Art Director, Photography, the Production Designer will collaborate with the Digital Asset Manager, Designers, Project Managers, and Vendors.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Elevate Sur La Table’s brand through preparing production-ready photos, artwork, asset libraries, and guidelines documentation.
- Ensure that all imagery meets SLT’s quality and visual standards
- Upload digital assets to the DAM, tag correctly and maintain integrity of information associated with digital assets.
- Review studio and vendor-provided images for quality control and ensure metadata is accurate.
- Retouch, crop, color correct, and composite images when necessary.
- Prepare images for appropriate channels, such as packaging, signage, social media, and other digital channels. Create animated gifs, as needed.
- Stay up-to-date with asset requirements for social media and other channels.
- Exercise exceptional creative problem-solving.
- Provide consistent on-time delivery of assets.
- Look for opportunities to optimize processes and partner directly with teams and photo studios to troubleshoot.
Experience and Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years of experience in a production department, agency, or in-house team.
- An online portfolio or samples of work showcasing production work on photography, marketing campaigns, or design assets.
- You have an eye for composition, pixel-perfect alignment, kerning, purposeful sentence breaks, and organized files. While you are capable of graphic design, you prefer to work on the production side of things.
- Organized, driven, self-starter with excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Able to prepare production-ready assets that meet all requirements at the highest quality.
- Have excellent organization skills and file management.
- Strong experience and expertise in working with retouching and compositing of product images.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while staying calm under pressure.
- Proactive problem solving, both technically and creatively, and an active interest in learning new tools and technologies.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects) and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Accessibility Standards, a plus.
- Experience in video editing, a plus.
- Experience working with Bynder or another Digital Asset Manager, a plus.
Sur La Table Core Competencies:
- Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your customers.
- Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective and sincere.
- Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge, experience, wisdom & decisive action.
- Take Ownership: You are committed, responsible and provide solutions.
- Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and expectations.
- Ability to communicate verbally and work cooperatively with employees and customers.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Ability to able to use computer and other office equipment to accomplish work tasks.
- Ability to think critically and communicate complex thoughts and/or ideas in clear and concise manner.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
This job description represents a summary of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Sur La Table has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Sur La Table is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, or marital status.