VP, Finance & Strategy
CSC Generation Holdings is an Altos Ventures backed technology company that is saving retail by acquiring store and catalog-based retailers, and transform them into high performing, “digital first” brands. In just four years, we’ve acquired and turned around brands including: Sur La Table, Z Gallerie, Direct Buy, One Kings Lane and Amerimark Interactive saving over 2,000 jobs and reaching $1.5B in revenue.
The VP of Finance & Strategy contributes to the success of CSC Generation as a key member of the leadership team by ensuring profitable growth and financial success. The VP-Finance acts as a key contributor to CSC Generation’s overall strategy and plans, determines how the company invests its money and evaluates and reports on the company’s performance.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ideate and develop growth strategies that can increase profitability, enhance the CSC platform, and ultimately drive multiples in enterprise value.
- Drive performance management tied to key metrics/KPIs/business drivers that provide a forward-looking view into trends requiring management decisions and actions.
- Improve the quality, timeliness, and reliability of financial analysis and key performance metrics available to executive management and the Board, including forecasting, budgeting, and resource allocation in all functional areas.
- Automate processes and systems to achieve efficiency gains and quality improvements on a sequential basis.
- Support capital raising by anticipating due diligence requests, gathering and synthesizing data from brand and platform groups, and presenting data in an articulate manner that supports company narrative
- Develop long term plans and strategies to position the company for a successful IPO (~4 year goal – being public in today’s market wouldn’t be much fun…)
- Attract, retain and promote individuals suited to operate in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment.
Our ideal candidate:
- Is “hands-on,” and knows the business KPIs without checking a document or (worse, having to ask an analyst…)
- Has 10+ years of executive level finance experience leading an organization through time-sensitive and stressful initiatives such as acquisitions, divestitures, and financings/IPOs.
- Has worked at a *successful* software, ecommerce/retail, or fintech company.
- Isn’t afraid of legacy systems (we acquire old companies).
- Does not mind extensive travel.