DC Group Leaders earn $20/ hr. in the off season and $21/hr in the busy season while working on 2nd shift. They train, motivate and lead a group of 15-30 associates performing departmental operations in a high volume shipping and receiving environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Motivate associates with employee-centered methods.
- Ensure associates are meeting department standards through auditing and observation.
- Ensure processes and safety procedures are followed.
- Communicate with all departments throughout to maintain consistent flow of work. Monitor department deadlines.
- Participate in weekly meetings while providing suggestions.
- Create and use basic departmental reports.
- Communicate associate issues effectively to supervisors.
- Provide feedback to assist associates in improvement, including annual performance appraisals.
- Assist in other areas when needed.
- Inspect and verify that all equipment functions properly.
- Report accidents and safety hazards to supervisor.
- Available between 5am and 3:30pm Monday-Friday (occasional weekends) for 1st shift (during our off season)
- Available between 3pm and 2:40am Monday-Friday (occasional weekends) for 2nd shift (during our busy season, usually from September-December)
- Must be able to work a minimum of fifteen (15) minutes before the start of shift and fifteen (15) minutes after the end of the shift.
- 1+ years of related experience
- English communication skills; bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Able to lift 50 lbs. up to 75 lbs. requesting assistance if necessary
- Able to lift from floor level using proper lifting technique
- Able to walk/stand for at least 8 hours per shift
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Basic computer skills
- Flexible with schedule and area assignment due to business needs
- Must be able to work in varying environmental conditions within a typical warehouse setting, including heat, cold, dust, noise and moving machinery
Our employers are a rare Commodity-
If you are looking to work in a family-like atmosphere and a friendly environment with awesome coworkers, this is the place for you. We love being a team.
- Weekly Pay
- Company Discounts