At Amerimark Direct, we are a leading direct marketer of women’s apparel, personal care products, jewelry, watches, and health care merchandise. Products are sold through several catalogs and online. We are looking to find hardworking, dedicated individuals to add to our teams as we are an ever-growing company. We strive every day to provide the best quality and customer service to our customers. With plenty of opportunities for advancement, the possibilities with AmeriMark are endless!
We are seeking a Digital Content Writer to develop highly creative and traffic-driving content. The person in this role is responsible for developing creative and compelling SEO-driven copy for blogs, articles, long-form content, video scripts (future) and more, with the aim of driving engagement, building audiences, increasing web traffic, and ultimately contributing to sales conversions. This person will have experience writing content for SEO optimization and feel comfortable leveraging analytics and/or partnering with SEO expert to develop impactful and effective content. This position will work with members of the eCommerce team as well the Creative team to produce original content for our home décor websites. Teamwork, creativity, time management, clear and timely communication, and an attention to detail are important aspects of this role’s responsibilities. This position works remotely.
On a typical day, you will:
- Work across various teams to develop ideas for creative and compelling messaging to engage website visitors
- Develop successful content strategy to support SEO and larger business goals and track progress using analytical tools and report performance
- Write highly shareable content using data driven recommendations around keywords, topics, and headlines
- Have clear understanding and ability to write for various channels/types (i.e. blog, social, email, web pages, paid ads, etc.)
- Identify successful content and map out new ways to repurpose existing content assets to amplify the message, increase visibility, and accelerate content relevance and searchability
- Student of ongoing search engine optimization education so that content is optimized not only for the user enjoyment but also designed to build organic traffic over time.
- Partner with an internal SEO resource to drive improved Google search rankings through website content, adding/updating links, and making adjustments for SEO
Our ideal candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, PR, English or related field
- 3+ years of professional writing experience, preferably for retail environment
- Proven experience of writing for a variety of communication channels and audiences, including for web using SEO best practice guidelines
- Understanding of basic marketing principles including creating target audiences and catering unique messaging and campaigns to capture their attention
- Strong problem solving and creative concept skills with the ability to work independently and as well as within a team environment
- Retail experience with an emphasis on home décor, lifestyle and apparel a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is required.
- Excellent communication and project management skills required
What's in it for you?
- Competitive comp and benefits, including employee discount
- Flexible, casual work environment
Opportunity for career advancement with a growing company and HR organization