CSC Generation is saving Retail. We acquire store and catalog based retailers, and transform them into high performing, “digital first” brands. In just four years, we’ve acquired and turned around brands including: DirectBuy, Sur La Table, Z Gallerie, and One Kings Lane, saving over 2,000 jobs and reaching $1.7 billion.
DirectBuy is a CSC Generation company. Looking for a full-time addition to the team! This is a great entry level opportunity that offers $17-$19 an hour based on experience.
The Accounts Payable Clerk assists the Accounts Payable Department in various accounting tasks and provides work-related support as needed.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide accounts payable support for Direct Buy as needed, including but not limited to:
- Prepare and maintain weekly payment schedule for merchandise, transportation, and general expenses;
- Monitor purchase order log to ensure that upcoming sea freight shipments are invoiced and paid in advance of arrival;
- Reconcile operating bank accounts to ensure that funds are available and/or transferred in advance to satisfy daily and upcoming payments;
- Respond to accounts payable-related inquiries from vendors, buyers, and internal personnel;
- Assist with new vendor set ups, including the collection of required documents, creation of vendor records in the ERP, and verifying payment method details for new vendors and/or changes to payment methods and credit terms for existing vendors;
- Prepare monthly inventory in-transit reports;
- Perform weekly reconciliation of the cash flow model actuals for the previous week’s expenses;
- Provide support to warranty sales division;
- Provide support to Lease and Rent Administration.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Must have one to three years of accounting experience.
- Robust accounting and excel expertise. Very comfortable reconciling large data sets
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability in setting strategy, driving performance, consistently producing superior results, cultivating ownership while enforcing company policies.
- Outstanding organizational, attention to details, and time management skills.
- Ability to develop innovative solutions to complicated process issues in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Strong communicator with the ability to artfully influence, persuade and drive action.
- A collaborative working style and a strong customer service orientation.
- Proven ability to work effectively cross-functionally with all levels in the organization.
- An undergraduate degree in business or business related (Accounting, Finance, Business).
- Retail experience a plus.
What's in it for you:
- Opportunity to grow your accounting career with an expanding, fast-paced company
- Competitive salary with benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO)
- Birthday off with pay
- 3 week's vacation time
- Discounts with our brands!