This is an exciting opportunity to build products that reach millions, you’ll have a hand in next generation technology for a technology first retailer.
CSC Generation is saving Retail. We acquire store and catalog based retailers, and transform them into high performing, “digital first” brands. In just four years, we’ve acquired and turned around brands including: Sur La Table, Z Gallerie, and One Kings Lane, saving over 3,000 jobs and reaching $1B in revenue, with a path to over $5B in revenue in the near term.
As a Data Engineer you will be responsible for creating data-driven solutions to solve operational goals; including reporting, systems integration, data warehousing and making legacy data real-time enabled.
- Building robust data solutions on top of a variety of storage topologies.
- Creating scalable, production quality ETL and ETL like solutions
- Collaborate cross functionally to create innovative solutions bridging legacy technology to modern patterns and systems
Our ideal candidate:
- 5 plus years of software development
- 3 plus years as a dba or data engineer
- Experience with AWS and pros/cons of their storage, compute, & DB options
- Exposure to retail and shopping applications and vocabulary
- Fluent most flavors of SQL
- Detail-oriented and data driven decision making
- Excellent communication skills and with the ability to get organizational buy-in
- Strong SDLC fundamentals
- Belief that “if it isn’t tested, it doesn’t exist”
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience integrating with legacy retail systems
- Past work developing data stream processing patterns
- Experience in normalizing business objects across disparate backends
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Casual work environment and ability to work remotely
- Professional growth opportunities with a growing company