CSC Generation Holdings family of brands is saving Retail. We acquire store and catalog-based retailers, and transform them into high performing, “digital first” brands. In just four years, we’ve acquired and turned around brands including: Sur La Table, Z Gallerie, and One Kings Lane, saving over 2,000 jobs and reaching $1.7B in revenue.
At Z Gallerie we pride ourselves in providing an inspiring and motivating working environment. We believe our associates have a positive impact and play a crucial role in building our brand. We recognize that our most valuable asset is our employees; and our HR team is there to support them along the way.
As a Generalist, you'll work directly with our HR Director and other HR professionals to support our Corporate, Distribution Center, and Store employees. You'll be given the opportunity to grow in your role, while learning from an experienced team. Your day to day will vary but include:
- Being the first point of contact for employee questions and a resource for the operations management team and different brand subsidiaries
- Heavy involvement and administration on high volume, multi-state, and end to end onboarding and offboarding process
- Managing HR compliance areas including I-9, E-Verify, new hire safety, anti-harassment, and other compliance training in our Learning Management System
- Maintaining employee files and records in electronic and paper form, update the HRIS as needed, and compiles reports from the database
- Processing bi-weekly, multi-state payroll including providing documentation of employee absences, bonuses, commissions, and paid time off
- Responding to EDD Claims and benefits audits as well as out of state unemployment claims, and verification of employment
- Maintaining proper schedules and attendance tracking in our HRIS for warehouse employees, including audits and reporting.
- Assisting in responding to benefit, policy, and payroll questions from employees
- Co-championing employee engagement, including tracking of recognition programs and awards, helping plan events, and involvement in engagement initiatives
- HR administrative work as needed
Please note, this position is based in Los Angeles, California.
Our ideal candidate:
- 1-3 years of experience in a HR Generalist role
- Experience supporting corporate and field employees; retail industry experience a plus
- Must be organized and detail oriented
What's in it for you?
- Competitive comp and benefits, including employee discount
- Flexible, casual work environment
- Opportunity for career advancement with a growing company and HR organization.