CSC Generation Holdings family of brands is saving Retail. We acquire store and catalog-based retailers, and transform them into high performing, “digital first” brands. In just four years, we’ve acquired and turned around brands including: Sur La Table, Z Gallerie, Direct Buy, One Kings Lane and Amerimark Interactive, saving over 2,000 jobs and reaching $1.7B in revenue.
At LTD Commodities, (the fastest growing division of Amerimark Interactive), we are continuously expanding our 85% web-penetrated business, building our digital presence, and increasing our customer file every year. LTD provides a collaborative and dynamic environment for you to do what you do best. We want difference makers, innovators and thought leaders.
We are looking to add a remote-based Lead Data Architect to join our fast-paced team.
In this role, you will be responsible for strategically designing and creating the future Data Strategy for the company. You will support all business functions with an emphasis towards Marketing and eCommerce. You will create data architectures that can handle large and complex data sets. This role will have extensive visibility within the organization and the solutions you create will drive strategic business direction and grow our eCommerce business.
Reporting to the Sr. Mgr Data Analytics & Merchandising Systems, our Lead Data Architect will also provide direct supervisory leadership and will influence senior engineers, who perform database development, advanced analytics, and report development and ETL (Extract Transform Load).
Your day to day will vary but here’s an idea of what you’ll work on:
- You will closely collaborate with business partners, up to the executive level, on requirements gathering, system design, configuration, and implementation.
- Lead data & technology architecture, building and improving next generation capabilities that drive business growth.
- Drive prioritization and implementation of most appropriate combination of data architecture methodologies & frameworks to ensure optimal scalability, flexibility and performance of platforms, products & solutions.
- Be an expert and a thought leader of how data and technology come together to empower the business while leading your team.
- You will take on complex database programming and create reusable capabilities.
Our ideal candidate:
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience in the IT space specializing in Database Design, Data Architecture, Data Engineering, and Data Governance.
- Expert level, hands-on skills in writing complex SQL code using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with reporting visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Strong business acumen in Marketing and eCommerce.
- Ability to scope complex projects and optimize solution delivery timelines leveraging the strengths of your team.
- Demonstrated strength in examining issues, driving resolution & influencing effectively across the organization. Ability to challenge the status quo in technology & architecture.
- Superb interpersonal & communication skills (oral and written), including the ability to explain digital concepts and technologies to business leaders, as well as business concepts to technologists.
Bonus points if you have any or several of:
- Past experience implementing Marketing Databases and/or Customer Data Platforms.
- Experience with Big Data and Data Science.
- Experience with Data Clouds such as Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, etc.
- Experience with Python, R, and/or C# .Net development