CSC Generation is saving Retail. We acquire store and catalog based retailers, and transform them into high performing, “digital first” brands. In just four years, we’ve acquired and turned around brands including: Sur La Table, Z Gallerie, and One Kings Lane, saving over 2,000 jobs and reaching $1.7 billion.
We're looking for high-performing individual contributors to build out best-practices across the development organization. You will spend your time building tooling, processes, and reusable architecture patterns, and thus in general systematizing our development process. Your method of contributing to these facets of the org will be tools building, reference-architecture construction, 80% of your time in code developing these tools.
Our ideal candidate is:
- Someone with 5+ years of experience leading or guiding high performance engineering teams, most recently in a "tools engineer" or "lead engineer" capacity.
- At this point in our development organization's lifecycle, you will meet on a weekly basis with the VPE and/or CTO to set steering plans for and execution plans thereof for the development organization.
Bonus points if you have any or several of:
- Technical Steering Committee experience
- Been a sole or core maintainer on an open source project
- Start-up experience
- DevOps experience (AWS)
- Written a/an (web)app, by yourself, in React
- A strong understanding of modern network design and security practices.
- Designed and trained a simple neural network
- Experience working in crypto related projects
What's in it for you:
- Competitive base + bonus or equity (your choice)
- Remote first - we want to hire the best people in the world.
- Clean slate - you won't spend too much time refactoring other people's code :)