This is an exciting opportunity to report directly to the Director of Technical Operations and Security as the first Security Engineer for CSC Generation. CSC Generation is saving Retail. We acquire store and catalog based retailers, and transform them into high performing, “digital first” brands. In just four years, we’ve acquired and turned around brands including: Sur La Table, Z Gallerie, and One Kings Lane, saving over 2,000 jobs and reaching $500M in revenue.
As a Security Engineer, you'll apply industry knowledge and best practices to improve and maintain a strong security posture. Your day to day will vary but include:
- Assisting efforts to support, implement, and recommend IT security solutions at corporate offices and remote locations.
- Conduct regular audits assessing security posture both internal and external.
- Identify, security risks and vulnerabilities.
- Drive remediation efforts working directly with development and infrastructure teams.
- Participate with the development team as a part of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Perform installation, maintenance and upgrades for security tools coordinating with staff and vendors
- Participate in “on-call” rotation for escalation of issues
Our ideal candidate:
- Solid understanding of network architecture and operation.
- Broad knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Hands-on experience in a dedicated security role.
- Remains up to date with the latest trends and known attack vectors.
- Associates degree, bachelor's degree or work-related experience.
- Experience securing on-premise and public cloud environments.
- Knowledge of technical controls to support regulatory requirements such as PCI, CCPA.
- Experience with Bash, Python, YAML.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working in a retail environment.
- Familiarity with security risk frameworks such as, ISO27001, NIST 800-53.
- Security certifications such as, CISSP, CISA, GIAC, OSCP.
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
- Casual work environment and ability to work remotely
- Professional growth opportunities with a growing company