The Network Administrator contributes to Sur La Table’s success by providing support for our IT infrastructure,
leveraging an in-depth understanding of network equipment, protocols and operating systems to architect and
implement robust and secure solutions, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve problems. The Network
Administrator must exercise independent skill, judgment, and collaborate in developing recommendations and
solutions to business issues. This position works closely with a diverse team of engineers, support staff,
developers, quality assurance analysts, business analysts, project managers, and other colleagues throughout
the company, and reports to the Manager of Infrastructure Engineering.
Sur La Table is a CSC Generation company. CSC Generation is saving Retail. We acquire store and catalog based retailers, and transform them into high performing, “digital first” brands. In just four years, we’ve acquired and turned around brands including: Sur La Table, Z Gallerie, and One Kings Lane, saving over 2,000 jobs and reaching $500M in revenue.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Configures, deploys, and maintains network equipment and physical infrastructure, as well as providing
support to Systems Administrators.
- Responds to escalations from tier 1 support performing diagnosis of reported problems, identifying
problem type and severity to facilitate appropriate response.
- Monitor resolution progress and provide periodic updates to stakeholder(s). Escalate problems as
- Correct production problems by analyzing programs or systems to determine the cause and impact.
- Changes systems and applications to prevent problem recurrence, including altering incorrect
configurations, and modifying existing configurations and schedules. May involve minor programming
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent problem recurrence.
- Establish and maintain standard operating procedure documentation for applicable systems.
- Assist in creating test plans and perform testing for system upgrades and modifications, including
coordinating system maintenance with key business stakeholders.
- Assist in administration of operating systems and applications.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by manager.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT engineering, or equivalent experience. Cisco CCNA
certification or higher required.
- 2+ years supporting Cisco IOS router and switch configuration
- 2+ years supporting Fortinet VPN, firewall, router and switch configuration
- Familiarity with Hosted Cloud VoIP Solutions
- Implementation and support of CheckPoint and/or Palo Alto firewalls.
- Isolation and troubleshooting problems with TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS, Layer 2 technologies, VPN
- Implementation and support of Cisco Meraki wireless networking infrastructure.
- Proficiency with Kiwi CatTools or other configuration management solutions
- Network troubleshooting and monitoring tools including Wireshark/TCPDump, MRTG, NetFlow, and
- Familiarity with Citrix NetScaler Gateway Load Balancer and VPN, XenDesktop, XenApp.
- Familiarity of cloud networking in Amazon AWS VPC, VPC Peering, VPN, Transit Gateway, and more.
- Experience in retail and eCommerce environments.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to work with limited supervision on small and
medium sized projects.
SUR LA TABLE CORE COMPETENCIES FOR EVERYONE:
- Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your customers.
- Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective and sincere.
- Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge, experience, wisdom & decisive action.
- Take Ownership: You are committed, responsible and provide solutions.
- Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and expectations.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Invests themselves into their team and the brand; lifts up everyone around them
- Keeps sight of short and long-term perspective (e.g. how individual components contribute to the
- Works interdepartmentally and wears multiple hats, championing technology as a driver of business
- Available for on-call issues, including nights, weekends and on-call hours.
- Ability to regularly communicate verbally and in writing and work cooperatively with employees,
vendors and customers.
- Ability to research, learn and implement technical material.
- Ability to use computer and other office equipment to accomplish work tasks.
- Ability to think critically and communicate complex thoughts and/or ideas in clear and concise manner.
- Ability to remain stationary (sit or stand) for extended periods of time.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Able to lift, move or handle equipment weighing up to 50lbs.
- Ability to travel, including overnight.
This job description represents a summary of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job
responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those
outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. This job description is not an
employment agreement or contract. Sur La Table has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time
Sur La Table is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic
information, veteran status, or marital status.