CSC Generation is saving Retail. We acquire store and catalog based retailers, and transform them into high performing, “digital first” brands. In just four years, we’ve acquired and turned around brands including: Sur La Table, Z Gallerie, and One Kings Lane, saving over 2,000 jobs and reaching $500M in revenue.
Our Shared Services group provides support services to all brands within the CSC Generation portfolio of companies: Sur La Table, Z Gallerie, One Kings Lane, and DirectBuy. The Senior Staff Accountant will be responsible for driving operational efficiency across all business units, implementing and maintaining an appropriate control environment, ensuring compliance with company and accounting policies, ownership of core systems, and designing and executing process improvements, including leveraging technology, to automate processes and implementation of internal controls. They will also be responsible for dedicating part of their time in helping Z Gallerie in their treasury and AP functions.
Shared Services related responsibilities:
- Own design and implementation of a process for the allocation of Payroll and Operating Expenses across multiple business units to allow for increased efficiency in recording of transactions while sharing visibility on spending as well as compliance with internal controls.
- Oversee the company wide procurement card process, including employee payroll, expense reimbursements, corporate credit card expenses and payments, and Expensify system management.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all internal accounting policies and procedures required to produce complete and accurate financial results.
- Lead the effort to build out and enhance new work streams geared toward operational efficiency and automation of deliverables across various business units.
- Plan and execute ad hoc projects to improve efficiency and effectiveness amongst the finance organization, better reporting to vendors, customers, or internal stakeholders, and compliance with policies and internal controls.
- Ensure all daily and monthly close deadlines are met and assist with auditors to coordinate the annual audit, quarterly reviews, and any internal audit or process review projects.
- Review and implement policies, internal controls and procedures for eventual SOX compliance.
Z Gallerie related responsibilities:
- Provide accounts payable support for Z Gallerie as needed, including but not limited to:
- Prepare and maintain weekly payment schedule for merchandise, transportation, and general expenses;
- Monitor purchase order log to ensure that upcoming sea freight shipments are invoiced and paid in advance of arrival;
- Reconcile operating bank accounts to ensure that funds are available and/or transferred in advance to satisfy daily and upcoming payments;
- Respond to accounts payable-related inquiries from vendors, buyers, and company personnel;
- Assist with new vendor set ups, including the collection of required documents, creation of vendor records in the ERP, and verifying payment method details for new vendors and/or changes to payment methods and credit terms for existing vendors;
- Prepare monthly inventory in-transit reports;
- Perform weekly reconciliation of the cash flow model actuals for the previous week’s expenses;
- Provide support to warranty sales division
- Provide support to Lease and Rent Administration
Preferred experience & skills:
- Must have three to five years of accounting experience.
- Shared services experience preferred but not necessary.
- Robust accounting and excel expertise. Very comfortable reconciling large data sets.
- Demonstrated ability in setting strategy, driving performance, consistently producing superior results, cultivating ownership while enforcing company policies.
- Ability to develop innovative solutions to complicated process issues in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Strong communicator with the ability to artfully influence, persuade and drive action.
- A collaborative management style and a strong customer service orientation.
- Proven ability to work effectively cross-functionally with all levels in the organization.
- An undergraduate degree in business or business related (Accounting, Finance, Business).
- Retail experience a plus.
What's in it for you:
- Opportunity! Learn from top finance and accounting pros and gain valuable experience to grow your career.
- Competitive salary + benefits
- Flexible work environment
CSC Generation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.