CSC Generation is saving Retail. Through strategic acquisition, a modern technology platform, and operating expertise, we turn underperforming retailers into profitable, high performing brands. In just four years, we’ve acquired and turned around brands including Sur La Table, Z Gallerie, and One Kings Lane, saving over 2,000 jobs and reaching $500M in revenue.
Reporting to the General Counsel, supporting a growing family of brands, you will be given the opportunity to work on novel issues, and to creatively solve unique business problems in a wide variety of legal subject areas.
Your day to day will include:
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial agreements (e.g., vendor, supplier, marketing/advertising, licensing, IT, etc.), advising on business operations and initiatives, and assisting with contract management.
- Supporting M&A transactions and joint ventures, including working on deal structure and LOI terms, planning and assisting in due diligence, drafting and negotiating deal agreements, and actively managing deal process, execution, and post-closing activity.
- Working cross-functionally across the legal department and multiple business units.
The ideal candidate will be based in the greater Chicago area. We anticipate the role will ultimately be office-based in downtown Chicago with remote schedule flexibility.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 3+ years of relevant experience, including commercial contracting and M&A experience
- Experience in any or all of the following areas: data privacy, marketing/advertising, and/or licensing
- Prior in-house experience, particularly at a public company
- Proven track record of accountability, attention to detail, and organization in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines under pressure
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively at all levels of the company; willingness to support colleagues on whatever is needed
- Sense of humor
- Ability to think autonomously and outside-the-box
- JD degree and license to practice law
What's in it for you:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Casual, flexible work environment (no suits or ties!)
- Career learning and growth opportunities working with a strong legal team in a rapidly growing company!