CSC Generation is saving Retail. We acquire store and catalog based retailers, and transform them into high performing, “digital first” brands. In just four years, we’ve acquired and turned around brands including: Sur La Table, Z Gallerie, and One Kings Lane, saving over 2,000 jobs and reaching $500M in revenue.
We recognize a company becomes the people it hires. That’s why recruiting is critical to our company growth and success. Our recruiting team works as a centralized group across the portfolio of CSC Generation companies and you will help build our presence in Canada.
This role is challenging – above and beyond the day-to-day responsibilities, we’re a startup, and you’ll have a big role within a fast paced team. The challenge doesn’t come without reward; you’ll have the opportunity grow your career while building a world-class team of engineers, marketers, and other professionals.
Your day to day will vary but here’s an idea of what you’ll work on:
- Partner with the hiring team to understand needs, advise best practices, set, and execute the recruitment strategies for open positions
- Source, review, and screen qualified applicants for various roles
- Conduct phone screens, in person interviews, candidate assessments to evaluate candidates
- Use a data driven approach to recruiting, providing regular reporting and insights
- Develop a candidate pipeline for future hiring needs, turning prospects into hires
Our ideal candidate
- Understands the candidate marketplace in the greater Toronto area; knows where to find top engineering, finance, and creative talent
- Is a self starter, can manage time and multiple responsibilities effectively
- Has a strong ability to evaluate talent and fit for the company
- Has experience recruiting for a startup (preferably in the e-commerce, fintech, or technology sectors)
- Takes pride and ownership in their work, giving max effort to get the job done
What’s in it for you?
- Make an impact! Help build a market through your recruiting efforts
- Massive career growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation package + equity
- Casual work environment – no suits or ties